NASA Explores Oceans instead of Space? Truth Behind US Agency’s Foundation
Facts about the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA):
- NASA is a US-based agency that explores space and is a pioneer in several space missions.
- In the year 1958 NASA originated with the replacement of the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA).
- NACA performs research in the field of aeronautics.
- During the Cold War, the agency established to counter the success of the Soviet space achievements.
- On July 29, 1958, President Dwight D Eisenhower signed the National Aeronautics and Space Act.
In a recent viral video on Tik Tok is it rumored that NASA’s original idea is to explore the depth of the oceans however, later switched to space. A username on Tik Tok (‘memes_to_click’) is the first to share a video that claims NASA’s original plan. The video is viral on social media which mentions the original set up to dig deep into the secrets of the oceans however, their operations turned toward space without any explanation. People are now questioning the US-based agency about their plans after the viral video.
Details about the viral video on Tik Tok on social media are:
- The video includes black and white footage of a submarine
- The text written in the video says, “NASA’s original mission was searching the oceans. They will not tell us what they found, but their plans abruptly switched to getting us off this planet.”
- Consequences of video lead to more speculations
- After the video, people raise questions about the findings from NASA in the ocean which led them to explore space
So, what is the truth behind the story? Most of the comments on the video mention that it is fake since there is no mention of the same from NASA over the years. And how would NASA switch gears from the ocean to space without notice?